Year after year, no matter the state of the housing market, kitchen remodeling remains a good idea. The project perennially tops lists of value-for-your-money home improvements and almost every buyer will be attracted to a kitchen that’s updated and move-in ready. Even if you’re planning on staying in your home for a while, few things can reinvigorate your home like a brand new kitchen.
Kitchens are the hardest-working rooms in most homes, and the wear and tear that comes with years of use can leave them looking drab. A remodeling project that makes over your kitchen from floor to ceiling can do more than just improve the aesthetics– it can also be a great way to adapt the room for better functionality.
If you’ve put off dreams of a new kitchen because you think it’s unaffordable, you might want to reconsider the changes you can make with your own two hands (and maybe those of some family and friends). When you have the right tools on hand, do-it-yourself kitchen remodeling projects are more accessible than you might think. By visiting a nearby rental store to pick up the necessary tools, you can see twice the savings– in addition to the DIY cost savings; you’ll avoid the expenses associated with buying the tools outright. By going to RentalHQ.com, you can find local stores that have all the tools you need to remodel and revive your kitchen.
Here are some essential parts of the project and the tools you’ll need to get going:
* Floors: There are lots of stylish and functional options for flooring, but the type of saw you’ll need for cutting things down to size will depend on what material you choose. For tile, you’ll need a wet saw, but a cut-off saw for wood and laminate. A table saw can also be helpful for wood flooring.
* Trim: Putting the finishing touches on is important, both for looks and for long-term stability. For molding and other trim, a pneumatic nailer will save you an enormous amount of time, energy and frustration.
* Cabinets: Now more than ever before, homeowners have great options for easy-to-install cabinetry that don’t require a team of professionals. Make sure that you’ve got the right drill, drill bits, nails, screws, anchors, levels and supports on hand before you get started– that way you’ll be able to work without interruption.
* Countertops: Again, the tools you need will vary, depending on what material you’re using. If you need to cut a material like laminate to size, a jigsaw will be a convenient tool. Sanders and drills are two more items you ‘ll want to have nearby.
* Walls: Whether you’re hanging drywall or simply painting, a ladder will be an essential tool. If your kitchen has particularly high ceilings or hard-to-reach spots, renting a ladder to fit the task is a good idea.
A beautiful kitchen will quickly become a focal point in your home, both for your family and for potential buyers. By taking the project into your own hands, you can save a significant amount of money, giving you even better return on your investment. For more ideas and information, visit www.RentalHQ.com.
Kitchen Remodeling – Before and After
American Home Services | Let this experienced Orlando Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
American Home Services will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Orlando area, we can help!
We’re here to accommodate ALL the needs of our clients during the process of purchasing a new home or smaller commercial structure.